Article: Amazing Benefits of Vitamin C Serum
Amazing Benefits of Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant -- the secret weapon of some of the world's most beautiful women. It prevents and reverses the signs of aging, diminishes dark spots, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Its anti-aging benefits are backed by an immense volume of research and it should be used by everyone for its powerful anti-oxidant properties. If you don't yet use Vitamin C on a regular basis, here are 10 reasons to start doing so right away
Vitamin C serums are available in different concentrations. The concentration of vitamin C in a serum will determine how potent it is. For example, a vitamin C serum with a concentration of 20% or higher is considered to be very potent.
- reduces wrinkles.
- protects collagen and increases production.
- aids wound healing.
- helps protect against sun damage.
- reduces hyperpigmentation.
- evens skin tone.
- brightens complexion.
- acts like armor against pollution and other free radicals.
- It rejuvenates dull, dry skin, lightens spots, blemishes and promotes even skin tone
- protect the skin against UV radiation, diminish the appearance of cellulite, soothe redness and swelling, and repair damage
Although vitamin C is generally well tolerated, all skin products have the potential to cause side effects.You should always do a patch test to assess your risk of allergic reaction.
- Select a small area of skin that’s easy to conceal, like your forearm.
- Apply a small amount of product and wait 24 hours.
- If no side effects occur, you can apply it to your face. Discontinue use if you develop a rash, redness, or hives.
When it’s time for a full application, follow the instructions on the product’s label.
Vitamin C serum is typically applied once or twice per day. A good rule of thumb is to cleanse, tone, apply vitamin C serum, and then moisturise. Be sure to apply skin care products with clean hands.